What’s an Automated Home?
Many home owners have heard about the concept of a wired home, but they don’t really understand what it involves. It’s actually a simple concept… a wired home is a house that that is controlled by a computer system. With an automated (smart) home, you can integrate almost all of your home systems. Programs that provide security, peace of mind and convenience. In the real estate market, these systems can also add some value to your home!
Examples of Wired Controls
• Security Systems are the most common of wired controls. They include home alarm systems, child tracking devices, and other products to help make your home safer.
• Communications Controls are phone systems and intercoms that allow internal and external communications.
• Access Controls give you the ability to gain access to your home, including security keypads, driveway gates, electronic locks, and more.
• Lighting Sensors allow you to pre-set, or detect motion and light, then activate the lights of your home to turn on, off, dim, or brighten, whatever you’d like.
• Audio/video Control Systems can control a home theater, audio and video systems.
• Control Devices and Sensors are modules, devices, and sensors that activate a light and appliances.
• Home Theater/Satellites provide the best experience in home entertainment. They usually include superb surround sound system, and a satellite dish providing access to more TV channels than cable.
• HVAC and Energy Management Systems cover heat, ventilation and air conditioning systems that work well with automation. This provides the homeowner with maximum comfort. These systems control the timing, temperature and ventilation in the home.
• Motorized Devices can open and close your garage doors or blinds, etc. at just the right time based on your needs.
• Whole-house Control Systems are great when you want to be able to control and automate several systems in your home.