Are you selling your home? Make your house the star of the neighborhood! The exterior of a home is somewhat like a book cover, setting up what's on the inside. Remember adding great curb appeal can be an easy way to attract buyers and boost the property value. Here are some projects that can help provide new life into any home by giving it an updated, clean look.
Curb Appeal Ideas:
- Spruce up the landscaping: Trim your hedges, pull out the weeds, and add seasonal flowers or potted plants.
- Clean up your doorstep: You can install tile, pour new concrete steps, or paint your porch floor or front stoop. This can drastically change your home's curb appeal. If you choose tiling - make sure to select a slip-resistant tile rated for outdoor use.
- Upgrade the railings: Porch railings can deteriorate quickly if not treated properly. Make sure the color, design, and materials are compatible with the home's main features. Porch railings supply an integral part of a home's exterior look, helping to reinforce the home's style.
- Replace gutters and downspouts: Peeling paint, rust spots, and other problems show neglect. Replace old gutters and downspouts with a new gutter system.
- Power wash the exterior: This will remove all the dirt or grime that has occurred over the years.
- Paint your front door: This is a quick and easy way to add curb appeal. Choose a color that complements your home’s exterior & if you're part of a home owner's association, remember to get approval on the color first!
- Give outdoor furniture a facelift: Either get new outdoor furniture or update/ repair your current furniture. Believe it or not, this makes a difference too!
- Add or updated the home's lighting: Extra light will make a home more inviting; whether solar lights along your walkway or even a new lamp post.
- Put up a new mailbox: If your mailbox is old or beat up a bit, it’s time for an upgrade.
- Make sure house numbers are easy to see: This will help agents & their buyers find your home quickly.
- Add decorative elements: A few well-chosen decorations, whether a seasonal wreath for your front door or a flag in the garden, can add a nice touch.
- Put out a new welcome mat: An inviting, welcome doormat is also important. It may seem like a small feature, but it's an easy way to add to your curb appeal makeover.
Remember, beauty is in the details, and when you improve your home's curb appeal, you'll be surprised at how much more appealing your property will look. You can make a great first impression on everyone who comes to view your home. Put a little bit of time into planning these small projects so everything matches nicely without wasting resources.
Interested in learning more? Contact me today!!